"California Model Continuation High School"
If not us, then who?
Desert Valley High School sends our sincere appreciation to all of the healthcare and frontline professionals who are working tirelessly during these challenging times to help our community stay safe and overcome the COVID-19 pandemic.
||Antonio Munguia - Principal
Senior Student/Parent Meeting - February 17th, 2021 @ 6pm
Virtual Student Recognition Assembly - December 2020
Winter Break Message from Mr. Munguia - December 18, 2020
Link to DVHS Virtual Senior Celebration - Thursday June 11th
Link to DVHS Senior Diploma Parade - Friday June12th
Please continue to be healthy and stay safe!!
To provide a learning environment in a safe and supportive setting, which encourages positive and responsible relationships so students can re-establish their academic, personal, and career objectives, which will enable students to identify and achieve their current and post-secondary goals.
Desert Valley High School embraces the belief that we must endeavor to create an educational climate in which all students are given the opportunity to develop their full academic and personal potential.
Desert Valley High School provides a structured academic program that enables students to obtain a high school diploma and prepare for their post-secondary choices. The school focuses on individual needs, provides standard-based curriculum, and the building of a positive self-concept. Students are encouraged to improve their attendance, stretch their academic limits, and develop a positive attitude.
School-wide Learner Outcomes
STUDENTS WILL BECOME EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATORS:
- Demonstrating proficiency in written, oral and visual communications
- Receiving and interpreting information through reading and listening
- Contributing and functioning in various group settings
- Communicating effectively through the appropriate use of multimedia and technology
STUDENTS WILL BECOME RESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUALS:
- Understanding and respecting diversity
- Making a positive contribution to school and community
- Demonstrating honest, ethical and courteous behavior
- Making wise choices that promote a healthy lifestyle
STUDENTS WILL BECOME SELF-DIRECTED LIFE-LONG LEARNERS
- Setting priorities and achievable personal, academic and career goals
- Seeking and utilizing resources to demonstrate mastery of content
- Utilizing critical thinking to solve problems
- Recognizing personal needs and utilizing supplemental services
STUDENTS WILL BECOME PREPARED FOR POST-SECONDARY OPPORTUNITIES
- Acquiring employability skills
- Researching personal interest, skills and abilities
- Utilizing research to plan and prepare for post-secondary options
- Prioritizing and monitoring progress towards personal goals
WASC Visiting Committee Final Report
2020 DVHS Mid-Cycle Progress Report
2020 WASC_CDE Mid-cycle Visiting Committee Final Report